Thursday 23 May 2013

Track layed

After a little hiatus for various events I have managed to make some progress this week. The track has been laid, secured firmly with white woodworking adhesive. I went for the water-proof variety so that is does not lift when I start adding ballast with PVA/Water/Washing up liquid mix.


The photographs never lie and always reveal problems I did not spot. Some of the dummy sleepers need more careful alignment, but this will not be too taxing.

With the track in place I then turned to wiring. Yellow is the common return, the other wires are colour coded according to the plan in the Electrics post.


I have also done the wire-in-tube operation for the double slip and attached the polarity switches. I have been hatching plans in my head for the way I would do the wire in tube for some time but was pleased to see an article in the latest Hornby magazine covering the subject. It described an approach very similar to the one I had been considering using chocolate box connectors to join the wire. I also use them to hold the tubes in place rather than the cable tidies as in the article. The fact that someone else had done it first and made it work was a great confidence builder so I went ahead with the implementation. It works beautifully. Thanks to Phil Parker for the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment