Tuesday 23 April 2013

Laying track

Busy laying track. After a couple of experiments I have decided to glue it down with PVA. I tried Copydex as recommended by a number of people on the web but PVA works better for me glueing to the foam board layer.

I started with a quick mock-up to test the look of the main components in the plan.


The buildings are ones I have had lying around for some time. I plan to build new ones for the layout. They are however useful for mocking up purposes. Given that my plan is for a GWR branch, i.e. pre-nationalization, there is a futuristic visitor sitting in front of the station building! It is there as an example of a long loco to verify the position of the point.

The image below shows most of the track components sitting in place but not yet fixed. Some are turned up to show the droppers soldered in position.


Below shows all the track in its intended position but still not fixed.


Finally all of the track fixed with a few test wagons in evidence. A quick test has also been done with a couple of locos, some wire and a couple of crocodile clips. I have left the overhang to the right for now until I start work on the fiddle yard. It gives me options but is likely to be chopped off.





No comments:

Post a Comment